Wildwood School Year
Wildwood is a public elementary school with over 500 students, including some of the least privileged children in the city and many students for whom English is their second language. In response to the tremendous opportunities here, The Chapel adopted this Baton Rouge public elementary school for the purpose of helping the children by addressing the needs of the faculty, the families and the facility.
We invite you to join us in proclaiming Jesus at Wildwood through serving this educational community.
CONTRIBUTE YOUR TALENTS
Bake or sew or garden or make items of encouragement for teachers and students. Let us know your areas of interest and we will contact you as opportunities are scheduled. Volunteer with Lisette West by clicking HERE.
School Uniforms (New or Nearly New)
Any size – 4, 5, 6, 6x, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
(Regular, slim or husky in any size)
More of the smaller sizes are needed.
BURGUNDY Tops - Plain shirts/blouses with a collar
NAVY Bottoms - Pants, shorts, skirts, skorts
- If you would like to make a financial donation for a specific teacher project, go to DonorsChoose.org and make a donation to a Wildwood teacher.
- A designated fund has been set up that allows The Chapel to purchase items as needed for teachers. Give to the 'For Wildwood' account on the City.
PRAY WITH US
“Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!” (Psalm 43:3) David found hope through prayer and praise, even when he was surrounded by unhealthy influences. Some of our kids face daily struggles with disruption, ungodly talk and peer pressure. Join us in praying this week:
- for peace and healing in communities – that parents will model godly responses as the long-awaited decision is made public in the Sterling case.
- for those who are grieving among our school family – God’s comfort and strength
- for faith and wisdom in each home – that parents will model godly relationships, strength and kindness
- for consistent attendance and the ability to focus for the rest of the school year
- for teachers – patience and renewed strength
We praise you because you are all-powerful. We thank you for showing us your intervention throughout history for those who are afflicted and distressed – how you bring peace through the knowledge of your character and saving faith. We lift up our community to you, and ask for wisdom for those in authority and peaceful words and action in our communities. We pray against the spirit of revenge that is so prevalent. May your Spirit reign! Please help our students and teachers to remain focused on their work with renewed energy and strength. We especially ask for your comfort and healing for families who are mourning. Please be their Rock and Consolation.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen. (from Psalm 44)
“For not by their own sword did they win the land, nor did their own arm save them, but your right hand and your arm, and the light of your face, for you delighted in them.” (Psalm 44:3)
Two days. Two hundred volunteers. The playground is built. The best part is we did it together! Here are some of the groups that contributed to the success of the project: Wildwood Elementary teachers and staff, Our Lady of the Lake College, Walgreens, Campus Federal, Aramark, members of the U.S. Coast Guard and the United States Marine Corps, Volunteer Louisiana, and volunteers from The Chapel. — at Wildwood Elementary School.
KIDS HOPE USA MENTOR
Connect with Wildwood on a more personal level by mentoring an at-risk child one hour a week through Kids Hope USA. Click HERE for more information.