Now is the perfect time to get involved with worship at The Chapel! Whether you are gifted vocally, technically, or instrumentally, we are launching new opportunities to connect and serve.
Our next Open Audition date is APRIL 26th beginning at 12:30pm at our LSU location!
This will be after our last Sunday service at our LSU location. Food and childcare will be provided as long as you let Ben Kennedy, our worship director, know by emailing him at . Our church incorporates many types of people with many different backgrounds and skill sets to facilitate our corporate worship services on Sundays. Whether on stage or off, all areas of service are equally important parts of the team that must work together as a single unit to lead worship. No matter how God has gifted you, your unique talents can be used to proclaim God's glory and build up God's Church. It is my prayer that you will find serving as a worship leader at The Chapel a deeply fulfilling commitment.
Below you'll find resources including our values, all the team positions we have, our audition process, and even original songs we are working on as a team. Email our Worship Director, Ben Kennedy, if you have any additional questions at . Ben loves Lighthouse coffee and can be convinced to go there to meet up and say "hi" almost any time of day...LOL.
There are 2 primary passages in the Bible that help shape and inform who we are called to be and what we are called to do.
- Colossians 3:16-17 "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the Name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
- John 4:23 "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."
Listen to songs the Chapel is leading currently, or going to lead in the near future. Get a jump on worshiping to them now.
worship team values
Here are the values that drive us towards our mission:
Corporate Worship is Culture-Creating
- Intentionally-crafted worship gatherings are vital to defining the culture of our church and serve to promote a unified community of faith.
Authentic Worship Is Faith-Growing
- Encouraging individual worship practices, creating worship resources and providing corporate worship opportunities enriches the spiritual growth of our church.
Excellent Worship Is God-Honoring
- Giving God our best by skillfully creating memorable worship moments and quality original content communicates the importance of the Gospel message.
Leading Worship Is Church-Serving
- Worship team members learn the sacred responsibility of maintaining a consistently excellent performance, as well as a posture of service to the church and sensitivity to the Spirit.
There are 4 steps in our audition process that help us find out more about you and help you know more about us. Click "I'm ready to apply" to begin!
In our 10-week community group, we will walk through the 10 values that we commit to as a team. These help us understand how God specifically shapes the artist's heart, soul, mind, and character for the task of leading his Church to worship. It is very interactive, fun, and relational. Everyone is welcome...if you're on the team currently, want to join it, or just want to connect with artistic people like yourself. All that’s required is that you have a heart for worship and a desire to serve.
Our fall 2019 community group starts Tuesday, September 3rd. It's held at the LSU location at The Chapel and runs 6:30 to 8:30. There are light snacks and drinks, and child care is provided if you request at least 48 hours beforehand. If you are interested in the joining our next worship community group, contact Ben Kennedy, at .
VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTALIST RESOURCES
- Planning Center is the software we use for sharing setlists, service plans, and scheduling our amazing volunteers. Here's how to get started.
- Rehearsal Mix is the software we use to rehearse. It runs inside of Planning Center, and here is a tutorial about that. (YOU CAN'T MISS THIS ONE!)
- Here is the tutorial if you want to use Rehearsal Mix to hone your craft on your own for a week you aren't on the schedule.
- Vocal warmups and training to take your craft to the next level
- POSTURE - Keep your head up, eyes open and shoulders back. And don’t forget to smile! You are confident, joyful and enthusiastic. Embody the fruit of the Spirit on your countenance as you engage the congregation with your eyes.
- PRACTICE – Learn the songs. Practice the songs. Memorize the songs. Live the songs! When the lights are on you and it is “go time”, the more familiar you are with the songs, the more time you will spend in true worship and the less time you will spend relying on the charts and lyric displays to get through the set. Charts and lyric displays should only be used as an occasional point of reference. You are never too old or too busy to memorize the songs.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Remain committed to professionalism in your appearance, speech and attitude toward your offering of worship. Always remember that as a Worship Leader something as seemingly trivial as the way you dress or the way you approach a rehearsal has the potential to have a profound impact on how people worship that day.
AUDIO AND TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
- How to EQ (almost) anything
- 10 Tips for better church sound
- Our complete step-by-step guide to start, run, and shut down every system we have in our tech booths (Coming very soon...a few weeks tops)
- Propresenter is the software we use to put everything on our screens. Here is the link to all of their tutorial videos:
- Guide to better worship slides (IMAG)
- Our nights of worship are united events that worship God for who He is, praise Him for all that He has done and thank Him for all that He will do. We combine musicians, vocalists, and artists from across all our venues for a gathered worship experience together. .
- Here's a Spotify playlist for a night of worship coming soon: PLAYLIST
- Our worship team collectively writes songs for our church congregation. They might be for a sermon series or for the season God has The Chapel in. This is new for us for the fall of 2019, and we will be sure to share them with you as they become available.